Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's official: I am a renegade

So, last year I attended the world-famous Renegade Craft Fair in Los Angeles and immediately thought, "I have found my people!" I made a goal right then and there to be a RCF vendor in 2010 and the resumption of cast-aside arts and crafts hobbies and the birth of my Etsy shop followed shortly after that.

This year, I started to have doubts when applications came due for the 2010 San Francisco RCF. The vendors at the Los Angeles show last year were established names like Jen Skelley and Poketo and I was wondering if I would fit in or if I was still a little too handmade for the "handmade" crowd. However, I remembered all that I managed to accomplish towards my arts, crafts and business goals over the past several months despite major family drama and life changes happening during the same period and figured I owed it to myself to at least apply.

Then the rumors started--Renegade had received twice as many applications for the SF show as they had booths available. I was sure a rejection letter was in my future but then I got word and the word was: I GOT IN!

So between now and July 31st I have plenty of work to do, but I have headed large activities and prepared for complex civil trials and therefore know that I am capable of putting together a good showing at RCF. I'm sure this won't be the last time I blog about it, but if you're in town during RCF, drop by the Fort Mason Center and say hi! And if there's one in your town, by all means check it out. You might end up selling at it next year.

4 comments:

  1. So exciting!! I hope you post lots of pictures for those of us who can't be there. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bursting buttons as I read this. Modesty issues aside, I'm very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO cool! I've been wanting to go to the Chicago one with my SIL for the last few years and it never quite works out. I hope you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I will stop by. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete